Thursday, March 14, 2013

i cant say it enough...

i love bountiful baskets. LOVE it. it's been such an awesome thing for our family and i always get soooo excited waiting to see what we will get. I recently read a blog post that was pretty negative about BB and it honestly made me feel personally offended! it was like they were stabbing me instead of BB. I dont work for them, and have honestly never even volunteered to help because i have to work on pick up day. I think this last weeks basket is my favorite ever
from left to right (kind of) lemongrass, mint, cilantro, mushrooms, green onions, coconut, napa cabbage, lemons, garlic, red onion, some strange fruits, limes, dried red chillis, carrots, bell peppers, bok choy, ginger, radishes, strawberries, asparagus, celery, bananas, and leaf lettuce. 

WHOA! i think thats a lot of produce for $23 bucks! 
today i cooked the bok choy to send to work with Jesse in his lunch. I made my Rosemary and Lemon Pepper Chicken and green beans(his favorite) and the bok choy. i like to sautee it on the stove. 
first melt a few TBS of butter and a couple cloves of garlic in a pan over medium high heat
then add clean. chopped bok choy and stir it around for a few minutes.
I season with salt and pepper and a smidge of the minced dried chilli
cook for about 5 minutes or so until the white parts are tender and the leaves are wilted.
you dont want to over cook it, thats just not nice.

Yes, i forgot to take a pic of the stuff when it was done....sorry!

Now lets talk about butter. If you buy margarine i command you to go to your fridge right now and throw that crap in the garbage where it belongs! Stay far, far away! Ok, now that you are back here is an alternative to margarine that i LOVE. i know real butter is fattening, but the ingredient list in margarine is straight up scary.... I challenge you to give Challenge Butter a try, i promise you'll thank me! It's real butter made spreadable with canola oil. Check out the ingredient lis (below the pic) 
Ingredients: Pasteurized cream(made from milk), canola oil, salt,  vitamin A, beta  carotene, DHA  algal oil. 


I've taken owen to the park a few times recently and today he tried to eat a leaf.... no worries, i got it before he ate it...

 and when i took it away this is the face he made.... that poor tooth coming in is giving him hell and my sweet, happy, loving boy has turned into a severe whiny baby.


I am learning to be more frugal and i love it! Now  i just need to unlike all the WAHM pages on facebook  and tell all my friends not to advise me of sales... i set up a budget and worked on it all weekend then i come home, get on facebook, and now i have purchased, wool yarn, lip balm making stuff, knee wraps for jesse, baby legs for owen, tea from teavana..... OMG!!! AND i'm getting a new blender!! So much for budgeting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment