Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Last day with the bump

it's officially my last day with the baby bump. I'm so very excited and anxious to get this show on the road and finally meet my son. Jesse is thrilled too. As happy as i am that this is all finally happening; there's just something i'll miss about being pregnant. its a weird feeling really because i've been so miserable lately. My back hurts literally all the time no matter what i do, i pee every 30 minutes, cant sleep, ankles swell, food isn't the least bit appetizing, and my ribs are so so sore... but there's just something about it that i'll miss. i cant describe it, but i bet most mother's feel it at some point. It's also weird knowing this is my last day being pregnant and not just going into labor out of the blue. i'm nervous but i actually like that i have time to calmly gather my things, shower and have everything the way i want it before going to the hospital. Abigale is going to spend the night with her mee mee (jesses mother) and Jesse is going to stay with me at the hospital. I know i wont sleep tonight even though i also know i'll regret it in the morning. I could barely sleep last night just thinking about gathering my things together today and not wanting to forget anything. I've been debating silly things like should i eat a huge meal before we go or should i only eat a light something or nothing at all. They didn't give me any instructions not to eat but i have a feeling that once i get there it'll be only ice chips even though i'm not being induced until morning.

I found my digital camera!! Finally :) so i'm gonna try to take a few more pictures before the belly is no more.

 Everyone keeps asking if we want any more kids after this one comes. My best answer for that is really i don't know. Children are amazing and i love being a mom. i want to experience life with two kids before i decide if there are more to come. Jesse is content with two children, and we are very blessed to have one of each so i'm not sure what the future will hold for us there. I can say that we are both still young and aren't going to do anything that would take more kids completely out of the picture. I've been reading recently about a hormone free IUD called Paragurad that can be used for up to 10 years. I don't know enough about it yet to decide if its something i'll use, but whatever method i do use will be hormone free for sure. i don't like fixing things that aren't broken and i don't like the thought of pumping my body full of synthetic hormones instead of just being more careful.

Abigale is so excited! She has been frantically cleaning her room today so her brother can see it when we bring him home :) In fact, she is calling me now saying she is all finished and wants me to come look!! Maybe i'll post a few more pictures later.

This whole this still doesn't feel quite real yet but i'm sure it will when the contractions kick in!!


No comments:

Post a Comment